One Son, Two Daughters, Three Incredible Blessings

In addition to having the privilege of being mom to my teenage son, L, I am in the process of adopting two beautiful girls from Pyatigorsk, Russia. This is our adoption story...

Friday, July 21, 2006

Prayer Requests

I hope everyone is doing well! As most of you know, I am leaving for Russia in 28 days! And you know me...I'm going through a million emotions. Please keep me in your prayers. With so much going on in that area right now, I'm worried about travel. Will I have ALL of the money and the paperwork I need? Will I wear the right thing and answer the judge's questions properly? Will the girls get to stay with me during that awful 10-day waiting period? Will their clothes fit? Did K get her birthday presents? Is the house clean enough? Did I make all the necessary medical and dental appointments? Did I schedule L's senior pictures? Can I balance everything out and meet all the needs of my three children?

Please pray for L. Because of joint enrollment and football, he will not be going with me this time. He's a little anxious about my traveling (so far there are no families scheduled to go with me), about my missing his first two football games as a senior (I've never missed any), and the fact that he'll have to do math and College English for three weeks without me (okay, even though his Mom absolutely LOVES math - that's why she teaches it - he HATES it)! Pray for us both as we make memories and enjoy our last days of just the two of us. We've spent some very good quality time together lately. We both realize our lives are about to change. As any mother knows, every "last" has some grief that comes with it. L and I, as well as K and A, we're all about to experience changes in each life as we know it. But we are so excited about changes that are about to come.

Pray for K and A: patience and peace while they wait for Mom, patience with their Mom (her Russian is not what it should be and communication will be difficult at times), strength and courage as they prepare to leave everything they've ever known, and safe travels to America.

Thank you all for being so thoughtful and dedicated to prayer! I don't know what I'd do without you!

3 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

How exciting to be going back for your girls. I'll add you to my prayer list.

9:32 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

I too just found your blog via Debbie. We are on the same timeline as you, though we don't have dates yet. Hoping for late August.

Best,

Suzanne

1:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am very excited for you! I hope you don't mind that I blogrolled you.

10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home