One Son, Two Daughters, Three Incredible Blessings

In addition to having the privilege of being mom to my teenage son, L, I am in the process of adopting two beautiful girls from Pyatigorsk, Russia. This is our adoption story...

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Summer is Almost Over

I visited the school today to get K and A registered. It was so exciting! I also had to discuss my maternity leave with my headmaster...not so exciting! In the past, when I've had to be out of school, it was for weeks at a time for an extended illness or a surgery. So my being out for four weeks is "typical Tina fashion". It is SO difficult to find a substitute for high school math and I feel so guilty! Of course, there's nothing I can do. I really would have liked to bring the girls home after trip 1! I would have liked a May, June, or even a July court date! Who WANTS to wait this long to bring their children home? But we adoptive families take what we can get! And thankfully!

One of my teacher friends, B, is doing one of the sweetest things for my girls. She is making a small scrapbook for me to take to them so that they can become familiar with people and places at their new school. It will contain pictures of the school, the girls' classrooms and teachers, new friends, the lunchroom, the art room, the gym, etc. She's also putting together worksheets that we can do together during our 10-day waiting period.

Well, I must get back to touching up the new paint in the children's bathroom, applying for grants, and packing in my head :)

Patience is necessary, and one cannot reap
immediately where one has sown.
~ Soren Kierkegaard
(Journal: August 1, 1935)

3 Comments:

Blogger 6blessings said...

Hey Tina!! I didn't know you had started a blog. Hang in there! Everything will work out perfectly. The girls will do great! You will do great!! Everything will turn out super! Just a few more weeks to go!! Yea!!

10:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tina,
I am just practicing using this blog. This is pretty clever. A great way to keep in touch. Hang in there. Love, Linda 10:30am

10:37 AM  
Blogger Suz said...

Tina, just found your blog and have been reading back. I just read the part where you got your court date and wanted to say Praise God! I'm in tears reading here!

You got a great amount of notice before your trip, that's wonderful. Not much longer and you'll be on your way!!

12:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home