One Son, Two Daughters, Three Incredible Blessings

In addition to having the privilege of being mom to my teenage son, L, I am in the process of adopting two beautiful girls from Pyatigorsk, Russia. This is our adoption story...

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Completed Makeovers

As you have read, I've been nesting. I painted K & A's room, my bedroom, the children's bath, and I still have L's room, my kitchen, and my bath to go. It's SO exciting to see the changes around here! I'm excited about L's room, too; he's a University of Georgia fan (hopefully, UGA bound next fall), so his new room will be nothing but red, black, and white with Georgia Bulldogs. He's actually participated in some of the planning, which was fun.

These were dressers my grandmother had. One has a new top and the other has new sides. Both have fresh coats of paint (several) and new knobs. Who knew I could be so crafty! My sister, J, gave me the headboards and my mother gave me the wallhanging and did the flower arrangement.

On to the bathroom... I wanted bright colors and after giving L some options, we chose orange, yes, orange paint! And he said, even though he's 17 years old, that the duckies would be okay. What a sweetheart!

L has a "man room" where the guys hang out to watch TV and play video games.

Below is my attempt to add some femininity. Somehow, I don't think he bargained for this!



Now I'm off to find a Mia Hamm or Brandi Chastain poster or maybe some softball paraphernalia...

8 Comments:

Blogger 6blessings said...

Oh, Tina! The girls' room is absolutely perfect. They will think they are in heaven! You did such a great job! The colors are great! Not too much longer now! I'm getting so excited for you. August is here.

5:03 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Everything looks great. I am so impressed. I love the orange with the ducks. Very nice!

5:31 PM  
Blogger Jenni said...

The girls' room looks great! I also dig the ducks. :) Best of luck preparing for your court date and bringing your daughters home.

12:44 AM  
Blogger sandy said...

The girls' room looks so pretty. You've really done a nice job with it. I'm looking forward to reading more about your upcoming trip to get the girls!
Sandy

12:54 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Love the girl's room. You've done a great job. I have a duckie bathroom too.

2:40 AM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

oops
random acts of punctuation

girls'

2:41 AM  
Blogger Suz said...

The girls' room is beautiful, they are going to be in awe that it is all theirs!

I love the orange with the ducks, I would have never thought of that! We have ducks too.

I seriously doubt your teen son has any problem whatsoever with the Maria Sharapova poster!

2:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous children's rooms!!! I am slowly trying to work on Pineapple's room. I hope it looks as good as yours.

10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home