One Son, Two Daughters, Three Incredible Blessings

In addition to having the privilege of being mom to my teenage son, L, I am in the process of adopting two beautiful girls from Pyatigorsk, Russia. This is our adoption story...

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Friday, August 25

Before I begin, let me say a special "Thank you" to everyone reading my blog. It is such an inspiration to me to have so many dear and loyal friends. I couldn't have gone through this journey without you all and I love you!

Thursday was uneventful. Fima ordered lunch to be delivered to my room and we went to the amusement park in the afternoon. I chose this hotel because of the park and it's such a shame the girls won't be able to enjoy the games and rides. It is such a neat place! I did find Diet Pepsi and caramel candies there:)!

Friday was a fun day. We had breakfast (if you call ground beef in a pancake breakfast - more like Taco Bell if you ask me) at the Intourist and met two of the other four couples. We went to the orphanage and played for seven hours! The children were so excited about Americans being there. I don't feel like I got to spend much time with K and A, though. I taught English most of the day and J played games. There are so many adorable children at the orphanage and I am so thankful to meet them. They yearn for love and affection. My daughter, K, the photographer spent lots of time taking 150+ pictures. When she wasn't taking the pictures she was modeling for them. She is a beautiful child! A spent her day swinging from trees and being my wild child! She does enjoy doing whatever it takes to get my full attention. Sometime during the day, she realized I wasn't going anywhere and was able to entertain herself. The children loved the books I brought. Many of them asked question after question about L, our house, our car, whether we have cows, pigs, or chickens. They are so eager to learn English. Most of them already know many words. The orphanage is in need of so many things and there are so many things the girls and boys would appreciate. I plan to send things every month or so. If I can't take them out of their situation, at least I can try to make it a little better. These children are so beautiful, patient, kind, attentive, healthy. Several could go on to be baseball players, doctors, astronauts, nurses, teachers - but they will never be given the opportunity.

The children are happy for K and A, but for the first time today, I noticed a sadness. They realize that the girls are really about to leave. K, especially, has several close friends. Leaving on Thursday will be full of mixed emotions for them.

B - The girls LOVE the scrapbooks. I can't tell you how many times they and all their friends, and even the caretakers, looked at them. K is excited about it all and A is especially excited about the playground. They both already know their ABC's and numbers in English. Thanks for the update on L!

KC - Thanks for you words, they always inspire me.

L - Love you more than words can say!

3 Comments:

Blogger Suzanne said...

We wanted to send stuff to the children we can't bring home too, but are concerned that the person picking up the goods at the post will have to pay duty. If you find a way to work around this, please post it, as we would really like to help the children left behind.

3:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tina, this is your sister J. It is so wonderful to hear about our family coming home! B, J, J and I can't wait to see K and A. I have been so emotional about your blogs and am just now able to send you a comment! When will you all come home? I bought K some PJ pants just like JR's. She is so excited about the girls coming! You know she will want to come live with you when they get here! Let me know if there is anything here I can do. I contacted LM about the additions. I need info to fill out papers. If you can call, call collect! We would love to talk to you! Let K and A know how excited their Aunt, Uncle and Cousins are for them to be part of our family! Good Luck Sis! I love you very much!

7:19 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

It sounds like you are having a wonderful time with them. It breaks your heart to know that there are so many more without a family. It makes you want to sneak a couple extra into your suitcase. lol

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home