One Son, Two Daughters, Three Incredible Blessings

In addition to having the privilege of being mom to my teenage son, L, I am in the process of adopting two beautiful girls from Pyatigorsk, Russia. This is our adoption story...

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Monday, August 28

Today was Y's last day here so we picked her up to visit D for the last time. Before going to the orphanage, we stopped and bought pizza and soft drinks to take with us for all of the children. Y had to catch a flight that afternoon so we did not stay at the orphanage for very long. However, the children REALLY enjoyed the pizza and especially the Coca Cola! K and A were beautiful as always and I can really tell that they are getting anxious to go home (Mama, too!). We played with dolls for a little while and then it was time to go, but not before K reminded me that she needs more batteries for her CD player.

I found out that I may be able to take the girls with me on Wednesday for good! It depends on when the paperwork arrives from court. We will get passports on Friday and fly to Moscow on Saturday morning!

Please pray for our health; this Russian food is taking its toll. I think maybe we are in need of preservatives (this natural stuff is a shock to my system)!

Suz - I need a BB update. Nobody is taping it for me. Who has been voted off??

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting all about your trip. I had fun reading about it! I hope you get the girls tomorrow!

8:47 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Howie & James got voted off most recently. I love Big Brother.

So glad to hear you may get the girls today I guess for you by the time you read this.

Will be praying for all your health. Change in food is hard on the stomach.

12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tina,

I have a question / exciting news I want to talk to you about. I have a native Russian teacher (who teaches Russian and English) and a language professor that is interested in English as a Second Language. The three of us would be interested in tape recording conversations with your girls once a week for a while. We are interested in language development -how they communicate with someone in English, in Russian, and they language they choose to use between each other. Essentially, it would be free tutoring once a week (tape recorded, of course!). I know things are crazy -but this is somethign to put in the back of your mind.

I am so happy for you. I told Bradley the other night that you have inspired me to want to adopt-a blessing in itself. Praying for you and the girls . . .

Jessica

2:36 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

When do you think you will be coming home? I will keep reading.

8:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miss you...can't wait until you are all here safe and sound...
Donna and Todd

9:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tina,
I Tivo BB and will keep what I have till you get home....
We are all anxiously waiting the arrival of K, A and T!
Hope all goes without a hitch and we will see all of you soon. L is still as cute and sweet as when you left!
Love you,
Traci

8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Tina,
I am really getting addicted to your blog site. I can't wait to read what has happened next. This has got to be much better than Big Brother. I hope you don't mind, but I have shared it with over 200 of my closest friends. (my email list, church, and school) I also asked them to pray for you. I hope you feel all that blessing, because you are certainly a blessing to all of us and a tremendous witness. Wow. Stay well. Hope to see you. If you need me at the airport, please let me know. Linda

5:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Mrs. J!
Reading your blog and hearing your stories inspires me so much. Even though I'm only 15 years old, I really want to adopt. One day I will adopt and I would have never even considered it if it wasn't for you. You are such a great person and I can't wait to meet your girls. They are already my friends and they don't even know my name :). We all miss you (especially my Geometry class). We are counting down the days. Luv you!
Cassie Cobb

8:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I took some pictures of L. tonight at the pep rally/dinner and I'll get some more Friday night. I know that saying goodbye for the girls is going to be hard.

Berta

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home