One Son, Two Daughters, Three Incredible Blessings

In addition to having the privilege of being mom to my teenage son, L, I am in the process of adopting two beautiful girls from Pyatigorsk, Russia. This is our adoption story...

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Saturday, August 26

Day 4 of the wait - puzzles, naps, a walk through the park - I'm running out of things to do! Fima was overwhelmed by five families today; my pick up time of 2:30pm turned into 8:00pm! All five families were able to get together for dinner tonight, though, and that was fun. It was nice to get out of the hotel and have a nice, normal, English conversation. I also made a vow that I will NEVER complain about my adoption process again! I, by far, have had the least painful adoption I've heard of. There are those who have lost their children for one reason or another. I met a couple who was on day 2 of court when a relative came forward to adopt their two girls. Their rooms at home were ready, a video of trip 1 made, showers given, clothes purchased. The mother is still devastated - I, quite frankly, don't know how I would cope! They've had to visit orphanages to find other children when they should be waiting out their 10 days. Another woman lost her referral on trip 1 after going to the orphanage to find the child missing! A relative came forward when she heard Americans were coming to adopt the girl. The mother is back this time to find other children. One couple lost a referral and were going from orphanage to orphanage to find a son. Only one of the four other couples are here on their initial trip 1 and everthing, so far, is going well for the adoption of 3 girls. Adoption is such a crazy process - we just want to give children love, a warm family, and a comfortable home. It shouldn't have to be this difficult!

I will meet all the families for breakfast on Sunday morning. Two families will go to one orphanage, one family to another, one family to the airport, and I will get to see K and A! I really don't know how Fima does it!

L - Call me! I need a football update! I love you SO much and miss you bunches!

9 Comments:

Blogger 6blessings said...

Tina, as usual, it is so good to hear updates. It sounds like Fima is really taking care of you and you're getting to see the girls a lot- totally different than our situation was. Only a few more days and you're on your way home! Hang in there.

8:55 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Glad to hear everything is going well for you.
What day does your 10 days end?

8:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad ya'll are getting to spend some time with the girls during these 10 days. Just wanted you to know that you are all in my thoughts and prayers throughout each day. Hope the days go by quickly for all of you.
Love,
Lori

1:51 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Love love love reading your posts. Thank you for sharing.

3:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tina..I love reading your information. All of us at school read them and then cry. We miss you and cannot wait to meet the new additions to your family. We love them already too! Don't worry about school. We have everything under control. Can't wait to see you and meet the girls. I hope you all have a safe trip home! All my love,
Cathy

7:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tina,
We prayed for you during Sunday School here in Newnan, Ga, this morning. Our folks are touched by your story. One of our ladies wanted to pass your blob site on to the WMU. I continue to check your blob at least daily. By the comments, it looks like you have a large following. We're all with you and praying for you. May God continue to bless you, the girls, and lots of others through you. Love, Linda

8:52 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Tina, Thank you for sharing your experiences. I don't know what I would have done in that parents case of losing the referral on day 2 either. We are praying for you and K and A's safe return.

9:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Tina! I just talked with Emily (had to make another ortho appt. for Manda):( Anyway, I told Emily about an organization that helps with international adoptions. To be perfectly honest, it was kinda weird when I found out about it---it was just a few days after we saw you at Zaxby's (maybe it was just a "God thing"). Whenever you talk to Emily ask her for the details.
I will add you and the girls to our prayer list at church.
Jerry and Janet B.

9:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tina,
I cannot begin to imagine what you are going through! Sheer elation that it is almost over is obviously the best. We are so excited for you and the girls. It will be wonderful to have them in our JMA family. You've made us feel like we know them already. Thanks for sharing so much of your personal feelings with us. God is surely smiling on you, L, K, and A! God speed coming home.
love,
Cindy

9:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home