One Son, Two Daughters, Three Incredible Blessings

In addition to having the privilege of being mom to my teenage son, L, I am in the process of adopting two beautiful girls from Pyatigorsk, Russia. This is our adoption story...

Friday, September 01, 2006

Friday, September 1

I haven't been able to find Internet anywhere in Stavropol! BUT there is a couple here from Florida who brought a laptop so I am borrowing that for now. I am so thankful! KC - they only have wireless now at the Euro, but it's free. And thanks for the BB updates, everybody. Thanks to those who are commenting - I LOVE reading them! I hope to respond to them all when I get home!

We leave the hotel at 6:15AM - please pray for us! Our flight to Moscow is at 8:00AM, so we should be settled into our apartment by lunch. The girls are excited about flying for the first time and about going to Moscow. I finally got to pick them up around 7:00pm on Wednesday - I have so much to write about that experience! It's been a busy two days here in Stavropol and boy, do I have stories to tell. Linda, that book you want me to write may become a reality! I did get their birth certificates and passports today. We will fly home, hopefully, on Wednesday.

I watched K and A sleep on Wednesday night and just cried and cried. I have NO idea how a woman could give these two beautiful girls away; it's something I could never understand. But while watching them, I, for the first time, am not mad at her for leaving them. They have been in a good place, albeit not the BEST, but they were taken care of and my family and friends will see that in them. They are beautiful and smart, caring and loving, well-mannered and happy, and while watching them sleep peacefully as my daughters and L's sisters, I was very grateful to their biological mother for placing their care in God's hands. He knew long ago that they were my daughters and from this time forward, they forever will be...

14 Comments:

Blogger 6blessings said...

Oh, Tina! I'm so glad the girls are with you now. I'm glad you got to post again. I'm sure you are having a blast. Have a great flight to Moscow and home! Just a few more days and it's all over! Thank you God for setting two more of the lonely in a family, a wonderful family!!

4:48 PM  
Blogger Suz said...

I'm glad too that you were able to post again. I've been wondering and wondering!

How exciting everything must be for you and the girls. I can't wait to hear the whole story!

4:57 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I hope you made your flight. I am praying for a safe return. I am happy for you and your girls. You are a forever family now. I cant wait to see pics!

7:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tina,
So glad to hear from you again. I'm so happy for you and the girls and pray for a safe and healthy return to the good old USA. Do you know what day you will arrive? Can't wait to hear more. It has got to be soon. God bless. Linda

9:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is midnight here Fri night - you should all be on your in country flight back to Moscow - I am praying for your health and safety!! I hope all goes smoothly w/ Drs. visits and registering. It has been a great day! I know you all are anxious to come home to the U.S.A. - - but your family and friends are more anxious for you to return!! I am so happy that K and A are adjusting well - waiting to hear more of your adventures.
Love, Darlene

12:15 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Parying for everything to get done on time in Moscow and a safe return flight home.

9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't imagine how relieved you must feel to finally have the girls. I am sure all your anxiety won't go away until all 3 of you are standing on good old USA soil.

L played a heck of a ballgame last night! Coack K is making you a tape so you won't miss a play. You, K and A will be so proud! We are all anxiously waiting your return!
Love you,
Traci

12:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tina,
I have been anxious to read news of your week. Traci is right! L. played a fabulous ball game Friday night. Oh my goodness ---the tackles!!! We cheered him on each time his name was called for a great play! Just think - next week, you, K. and A. will be able to watch him play together. I am glad I'll be there to see that. Can't wait to hear how the girls feel about air travel. What an amazing adventure for them! Know you are all in our thoughts and prayers!
Berta

3:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tina, I just read all of your post from start to finish and I must say after all the kleenex what an awesome testimony you have to share with so many others. I hope that I can have the honor of meeting your girls and geting to know you even more. I see where L gets his compassion and incredible heart from! Your journey is almost at an end but your life is just beginning to overflow with even more joy and God will bless you for all you have done...keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers. Sharon

11:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tina,
I am so excited for you and I can't wait to meet the girls. You are constantly in my prayers. I am grateful to you for this website where I can keep up with what is going on with your family!!
Sincerely,
Terri

6:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad that they found their way to you!

8:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I trust you have made it back to GA soil by now - can wait to see pictures and hear all about the adventure home with the new additions to your family. I expect you all will need some rest in the next day or so to adjust to being home. Please, Please, let us see some photos and give us an update as soon as you possibly can. My thoughts and prayers have been with you all during your trip.
I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!
Your friend,
DSA

9:33 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

Tina,
I just found your blog via mmadoption. How wonderful that you have 2 girls now. Congratulations! I saw you mention Stavropol? Is that the area the girls are from? When things settle down, check out my blog confessionsofarussianadoption.blogspot.com
I have a link to Keaton. He is from Stavropol. He was adopted 3 years ago and is in Georgia too.
Have a safe flight.
Laura

4:05 PM  
Blogger Nicole (SummersComing) said...

Such an amazing journey!

I hope you made it home okay by now!?

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home