One Son, Two Daughters, Three Incredible Blessings

In addition to having the privilege of being mom to my teenage son, L, I am in the process of adopting two beautiful girls from Pyatigorsk, Russia. This is our adoption story...

Friday, September 01, 2006

Tuesday, August 29

We decided to walk from our hotel to the Intourist, where we would use the Internet and have lunch. We took what seemed like 100 steps straight up to get to the park. Those of you who know me know I'm not the most athletic person in the world! I think I had to stop at least four times to catch my breath! We passed children playing and enjoyed walking through the huge canopy of trees. It reminded me of an area in Central Park in NYC - peaceful and serene. We passed the local school where vendors had set up to sell school supplies - school begins on Friday. We headed towards the major streets of Pyatigorsk where there were cafes, stores, and a street market. It was SO interesting! Approaching Lenin Square, we had to take another 100 steps straight up. With the lack of food and the increase in exercise, I'm sure to have lost a little weight! And it was SO hot - I don't even know why I bother putting on make-up!

Lunch, as usual at the third floor cafe, was excellent. We enjoyed a salad of fresh tomatoes and cucumbers, and pasta and meatloaf. Yum! We rested a bit in the lobby and then decided to take the 25-minute walk back to our hotel. And poor J was wearing heels! Needless to say, with the heat and the exercise, we needed a nap!

The coordinator called and said the court documents were ready and I could pick the girls up on Wednesday! Finally, we will be together forever! Now I must wait only one week for all three of my children to be together!

2 Comments:

Blogger 6blessings said...

Yea! That means the girls have been with you for a few days now. How exciting! What a blessing! In fact, you should be heading to Moscow in just a few hours to finish final things there. You will be home very soon. I'm so glad!

8:54 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

What a homecoming that will be with your 3 kids together.

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home