One Son, Two Daughters, Three Incredible Blessings

In addition to having the privilege of being mom to my teenage son, L, I am in the process of adopting two beautiful girls from Pyatigorsk, Russia. This is our adoption story...

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

We are home!




We finally arrived home on Thursday afternoon and we are SO happy to be here! Going into their room for the first time and seeing THEIR personal things was like Christmas. I cried at their reactions and feel so blessed to finally have them here. Our lives have been hectic, but the girls are adjusting well! We are working through the newness and, of course, there have been some issues. But they have come so far!

My sisters and their families hosted a coming home party and the girls REALLY enjoyed meeting and playing with their cousins. It's all so overwhelming right now.

They watched their brother play football on Friday night. It was SO exciting! He has gotten MVP for both games and I am SO proud. He is leading GISA in tackles! K didn't take her eyes off of him and cheered with her pompoms all night! A, too, loved her pompoms and eventually, they will understand football better than I do.

Sunday was their first day at Sunday School and church and they're frustrated about not understanding. But in time that will come. They enjoyed meeting other children their age.

On Monday, they started gymnastics and now want to go everyday! After class, both coaches asked if they had ever taken gymnastics and were impressed with their abilities. Of course, I was beaming with pride!

Tuesday and Wednesday will be full of appointments (dental, medical, haircuts, etc) and they will be getting ready for school soon. They have met some Russian-speaking friends who have made them feel so comfortable. Thanks to M who explained so many things that they couldn't understand from my broken Russian. These conversations have made the world of difference!

I am tired, busy, overwhelmed, loved, blessed, thankful, excited and going through millions of other emotions! I cannot thank you enough for your encouragement, comments, prayers, and thoughts. In time, I will post pictures and comments from my journal about our ten days, the trip home, and our lives as we adjust.



13 Comments:

Blogger Deb said...

Glad to hear you all made it home safe. The girls are beautiful. What are their ages? I don't remember. I'm sure they'll pick up the language in no time.

7:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am Tina's sister, J. I can't tell you how wonderful it is to have Tina and the girls home! It has been so wonderful getting to know them and watching them play with their cousins. My daughter and K have gotten very close in just 5 days. K is 12 and A is soon to be 7. My daughter is soon to be 11 and my son is 7. The four of them played very well together. It was like they have always been cousins. The girls are so sweet and so precious. I do hope they learn English soon, for my sake! I can not speak Russian very well at all. K has been teaching my daughter, and might I add she is doing very well at it! When I see Tina with the girls, she just gleams! She is so happy with the girls. They do have some adjusting to do, but we all know Tina is a very patient and loving person. I keep reminding her that "It will all be okay!" She has come so far and has made it through the worst. Tina, I just want you to know proud I am of you! I love you very much!

7:34 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

They are beautiful. Welcome home!

7:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So happy for you, and so envious that you are home. We are still a week away from homecoming and I am so homesick.

Best,

Suzanne

12:07 AM  
Blogger 6blessings said...

Tina, I am so glad you're finally home with your daughters. Sounds like L is doing amazingly well. I wish we were closer so we could come see the girls and watch L play. The pictures are so beautiful. I still think K looks just like you.

Hang in there in these beginning phases. They are rough and bumpy, but I totally agree with your sister. You are the one who can do it, with all of your love and patience and wisdom.

I guess I missed your call last night and you've missed mine. We'll connect sometime. I'm just glad to know you did make it home.

9:49 AM  
Blogger Jennefer said...

Welcome home! What beautiful girls!
I can only imagine how overwhelming it all is!

6:13 PM  
Blogger Suz said...

So glad you're home. The girls are gorgeous and look so happy!

Welcome home!

9:57 PM  
Blogger Carolina Mama said...

Congratulations on your girls! I have posted before as we too are planning to adopt two girls. So you are paving the way. It is beautiful to see you all HOME! in those cute rooms now full!!! It is late, and I cannot recall, what are their ages? They are adorable! God Bless!

10:51 PM  
Blogger Suz said...

You're invited to be a part of the new "Blog-Pals connection" Come visit my blog for the explanation of what Blog-Pals is all about!

11:16 PM  
Blogger 6blessings said...

Tina, email me your address please. I lost it and have sent a few emails and tried to call a few times. I have something for the girls that I want to get to them.

Hope everything's going well.
I would love to hear an update.

11:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of my friends sent me this link and I just wanted to say that I admire people like you - so courageous and GREAT. I am Russian and I know what this means for the girls. Thank you and God bless you.

2:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Tina,

Recently found your blog and we're even in it!! Would love to catch up with you and let you know how our story ended (or is evolving I should say) and to hear more about you all. If you are on Facebook, look me up!

Best to you, Robin Burnside

10:59 PM  
Blogger Heather said...

Hi I’m Heather! Please email me when you get a chance! I have a question about your blog. HeatherVonsj(at)gmail(dot)com

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home